Weekend Inspiration Two ♡ TIM WALKER

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Hello lovelies!

This week I thought I'd do a wee post on one of my favourite artists for our weekend inspiration. ♡ The list of photographers I admire is not a short one but I always come back to Tim Walker in times of creative drought. Walker's work is just so magical and beautiful, so soft and dreamy yet so powerful; it never fails to inspire me.

With the weather warming up I thought I'd look to his location work in particular to hopefully rekindle my love of location shoots.

I first fell in love with Walker's work in Vogue-

Tim Walker   Tim Walker   Tim Walker

It blew me away; this was fashion photography like I'd never seen it before. I've always admired fairytale-esque work, whether it's been concept based fine art, or commercial book covers or even personal work (I'm often inspired myself by all things dreamy, mystical and etheral); but seeing it in this space, to this magnitude, was absolutely incredible. Walker's work taps into everything that I admire and dream of- his models drift across different dreamlike scenarios; they fit effortlessly into the story he has created for them. They become their own character, a product of their creative environment but still always the star of it. His sets are works of arts in themselves; sometimes outdoors, sometimes indoors, sometimes bringing the outdoors indoors. Always beautiful, always majestic, always inspiring.

Oh, and did I mention they're all 'real'? Built on set and tweaked to perfection, not composited in post-production. It's incredible to think that for a few hours or even days, these incredible dream worlds actually existed. Breathtaking. ♡

Tim Walker
Tim Walker
Mulberry ad - Tim Walker
Tim Walker
Tim Walker
Tim Walker
Tim Walker
Tim Walker
Have a great weekend pretties,
Rachael♡

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

500px Feed

Say hello