OLD WORK 😱

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Hey guys!

So today I decided to log into my (completely neglected) Flickr account to clear out old work and freshen it up but then I realised just how much old work was on there!

I often get DMs asking how long I've been taking photographs (and although I'm a big believer that it doesn't matter as everyones journey is different) I thought this might be a good way for people to see how much you can grow and change over the years!

Let's start with one of my first photographic projects ever... in 2006...

Yikes.
And another (still 2006)... 


Model: Amy

Also yikes.

From 2008-2010, when I was at college studying photography...


Model: Catriona

Model: my sister

Model: Morven

Models (left to right): Catriona, Jessica, Diane

Still cringing...

In 2010-2011, when I was studying photography futher at university...

Model: Catriona
Ehhh...
Then after university, I took a little break from shooting, something I might talk about in another blog post another time! But since I only did the odd project here and there, and I can't find anything specific to post, let's skip to...

2014-2015

When I left my full time job to pursue the whole photography thing...(!)

Model: Kayleigh
Make up artist: Gosia Weiss

Model: Megan @ Superior 

 Model: Allanah

 Model: Nicole
Make up artist: Sophie Aitken

 Model: Connor @ NOLOGO

Model: Georgina
Make up artist:  Zoë Louise

Make up artist: Steph M Artistry
Styling & Clothing: Valeria

Only mild cringing in this time period!

Actually, to be honest, I'm still pretty pleased with this work.
I feel like I can see the progress over the years, certainly, but I can also see what I worked on to get better and what I've been working on since then to keep improving. :)

I'll leave you with an image from my most recent beauty shoot so you can compare and contrast.


Model: Molly
Make up artist: Steph M Artistry

Not bad for a girl who started out like this, huh... ;)

--

Have you ever come across your old work unexpectedly? Did you enjoy looking at how you've progressed over the years? I know I did!

Love,
Rachael

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

500px Feed

Say hello