26! ♡

Thursday, May 21, 2015



Yep, I'm now 26.

I think that officially makes me an 'adult', right? I can no longer class myself as "early twenties"; the 19-24 checkboxes are now no longer a fresh memory but a distant one and I'm dangerously close to thirty. Yikes.

If you'd asked me as a teenager what I'd be doing at 26, I'd have been pretty confident I would have worked my way up in a career and that things would be starting to settle down. Now I'm sure I had no idea *what* it was I would be doing, but I was pretty sure I'd be doing it like an adult with my own home, a boyfriend and a dog.
So, 0/3. Good times.

But still, I'm not complaining.
This time last year I had left my full time job a few months before to pursue my passion of photography and it's been a rollercoaster ever since. I know everyone says you must only be happy and passionate when posting on the internet but it is seriously seriously tough. It has also been immensely gratifying, inspiring and uplifting; I wouldn't change it for the world.

It's easy to feel like you're not getting anywhere, at least I know I often do. In times like this I think it's important to take some time to reflect back on what you've achieved over the years, even the little things.

So here is my wee reflection: I finished High School with good grades, went to college to study Photography and met some amazing friends and fellow creatives, went to university and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts, worked in clothing retail and met some incredible people, working my way up to running a Miss Selfridge department then a Topshop department... And now I've ventured out on my own to follow my dreams. Whew. Rather a lot for 26 I guess!

This past year has been particularly special. I've had the honour of meeting some incredible and talented people; to try new things, to work with some awesome teams and to create work I'm proud of.

Here is to another year of the same. ♡

What have you guys been up to this past year?  Do you feel like you're where you wanted to be at your age?

Much love,
Rachael♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

500px Feed

Say hello