Make Up Revolution Mini Haul ♡

Saturday, May 30, 2015

I absolutely love Make Up Revolution (as you may have gathered from my rather passionate praise of the Vivid Baked Highlighter in my April Favourites!).

When I saw their new Iconic Pro lipsticks, I just couldn't help myself. If you're not familiar with Revolution, you can find them in Superdrug and also on their website. Revolution state that they are 'delivering revolutionary performance and quality, in every product at revolutionary prices' and it's true. Their Iconic 1, 2, and 3 eye shadow palettes are a fantastic dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palettes and they're only £4 each and 'The One' concealer is rather like the Benefit FakeUp except paler (yay!) and only £3. Great quality, teeny tiny prices. Insane.

Anyway! I took to their website just to have a look at the shade options available for the Iconic Pro lipsticks and suddenly I'd bought six.



Yep, six! Oops. And three lip liners... Oops. And an eyeliner. Oops again.

First up, the lipsticks. As I mentioned these are the new Iconic Pro lipsticks. They are dreamy. Revolution say they are '...an outstanding collection of the most desired lipstick shades' and that they are 'Super-Intensive coverage'; I must say I agree. These little beauties are only £2.49 each yet they both look and feel much more expensive. They glide on beautifully, the pigment is incredible and just look at that packaging! ♡


Even the box is pretty, it's matte black with rose gold embossed text and "iconic pro" written in a glossy overlay on the side. The lipsticks themselves come in this lovely sleek and shiny black bullet, detailed with rose gold (swoon) and a true-to-life swatch of the colour at the bottom. I wasn't sure on this at first but if you're like me and have a disorganised make up bag, this is a life saver. You don't need to check the bottom of each tube to see the shade which saves precious minutes when you're meant to be out the door but you're still panic-searching for the lipstick you had in mind.

The six shades I bought (in below order) are Looking Ahead, Absolutely Flawless, You're A Star, No Perfection Yet, It Eats You Up (Matte) and Somewhere Out There.





LOOKING AHEAD

A dark, almost burnt nude. I absolutely love it. Nudes can sometimes make me look rather washed out as I'm so pale but not this beauty. It looks great now but I'm already imagining rocking it in Autumn with a bold metallic eye. Swoon.

ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS

Okay so this is sort of the nude that can leave me looking a little wishy-washy but it's still lovely. It's got a great peach-y undertone, it's very natural looking and would be great with a statement eye. The colour actually reminds me a lot of 'The One' lipstick by Revolution but the colour on the Iconic Pro is a bit richer and I personally prefer the texture of the Iconic Pro.

YOU'RE A STAR

Still maybe a little light and neutral for me (maybe I'm just used to bright lips!) but the pinkier undertone suits my super pale freckley complexion even better than Absolutely Flawless. You're A Star is very natural and very pretty.

NO PERFECTION YET

Now, this is much more my usual lipstick choice! A deep pinky plum tone, it's super rich, bright, and vibrant. It also makes my eyes look seriously blue which is a plus! Love, love, love.

Okay so I thought since they're only £2.49 each I could be a little daring with the next two!

IT EATS YOU UP (MATTE)

I've seen grav3yardgirl rocking gorgeous bright pink lips a lot recently and I've been desperate to try it out! It Eats You Up is a seriously bright pink; it's definitely a statement colour as opposed to an everyday staple but it is beautiful. I'm not sure if I'm cool enough to pull it off but I'm definitely going to try.

SOMEWHERE OUT THERE

Seriously bright again! I've really wanted to try out bright orange lips but I've always been wary about how it would look- I didn't want to look like a child who'd been chewing on an orange crayon! The coral-y undertone to this lovely lipstick means it doesn't look too ostentatious and the sheen means it looks rather grown up and fashionable, not scene-kid-on-Myspace-in-2006. Again, can I pull it off? I'm unsure. But it'll look incredible even if I just wear it about the house!

Now onto the lip liners.


I reined myself in here and managed to only buy three (no mean feat, they're all so beautiful!)
These are the 'Amazing Lipliner' and the shades I bought are Vamp, Rebel and Cherry Red. These gorgeous liners come with a sharpener built in to the lid (so handy!) and they are absolutely fantastic quality. The price? Oh yeah, the price. They're only £1 each.

These liners are soft and lovely; they're not at all crumbly or flakey. They're also super pigmented, so much so that I'm tempted to fill in my entire lips with them and wear them on their own.


VAMP

Vamp is vampy indeed! It's a very deep dark mauve-y purple that will be perfect for Autumn/Winter!

REBEL

Rebel is a beautiful berry pink hue, it's not overly autumnal so it's totally wearable. It's just gorgeous and I'm definitely going to wear this on it's own as well as with lipsticks!

CHERRY RED

Cherry Red is oh so pink! It's a deeper hue than the It Eats You Up lipstick but it's still this gorgeous bright pink. It would be fantastic with deep rich pink lipsticks but again I'm absolutely going to wear this on it's own too. Somehow it's less daunting than It Eats You Up. I can't wait to wear it!

And finally, the eyeliner!


This is the 'Amazing Eyeliner' in Stardust. I spotted this beauty just as I was about to check out and fell in love with it. It's just a basic black eyeliner pencil but it's full of silver sparkles. It's stunning. Again, the texture is soft, creamy and much more than I would expect for it's ickle price tag of £1!


I just love it. I gave it a little try yesterday and although it looked great on it's own, I was rather overzealous (old habits die hard, I was the kid-on-Myspace-in-2006) and I can't wait to try it as part of a dramatic smokey eye.

And that's it! My little Revolution haul. I'm so pleased with everything that I ordered, it's all fantastic quality as I've come to expect from the brand and not only that, the transaction and shipping were smooth and seamless too!

The only problem? I'm already thinking about ordering more. Uhoh.

What are your favourite Revolution items? I'd love to hear about them!

Much love,
Rachael.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

500px Feed

Say hello