Weekend Inspiration One ♡ DEVIANTART

Saturday, June 06, 2015

Hello lovelies,

I thought it would be fun to post some 'Weekend Inspiration'! I've been feeling a little stuck creativity wise recently and I thought this would be a great way to rekindle the flames, not only for me but for anyone else who may be feeling the same way.

This week I thought I'd talk about one of my favourite places for inspiration - Deviantart. Now, I know most people grew out of Deviantart years ago (sorry Deviantart) but it's always held a special place in my heart. There is some seriously incredible talent out there on DA but I think the reason I love it the most is that it's where I first believed my dreams were attainable.

Little 16 year old Rachael first found deviantart and was absolutely blown away by the beautiful art work displayed there. Images like these by the insanely talented Lara Jade and Zemotion inspired me no end.



Then, when I found out these girls were around my age, I was genuinely awestruck. It was the first time that I had ever felt that the artists I looked up to were there, just as people, displaying their work and showing their passions. I wanted to be a part of it; I wanted to create work as beautiful and to interact on this platform; to one day be as skilled and successful.

These days my aspirations within DA are not exactly lofty, I'm not striving to make the 'popular' page or to enhance my page views or follower count, in fact I even started from scratch with a new (less teenage) account last year when I started my business. I'm just looking to follow people who inspire me, who motivate me to be better at my craft and whose work and/or personalities just give me the warm fuzzies; for me, deviantart is still my favourite place for this. ♡

It can be super inspiring to see what your peers are up to as well as to look up to the 'greats' and the 'masters'; you never know, these people whose work you're lovingly following may just be the next Penn or Avedon or Beaton.

Here are some of my favourites from DA at the moment, I hope they inspire you like they inspire me.

Queen Kitty

Noir   Yes, Miss Alice   A Semblance of Wings


Emily Soto

Abigail's Garden   Abigail's Garden   Bloom

M0THart

(Stephanie) THROUGH THE GLASS   THROUGH THE GLASS   like butterflies

apalkin

***   ***   *

Sturmideenkind

Intermediate World   The Sailor's Bride II   Dreamwalker III

astridle

La tete dans les nuages   Melancholia   Tiger Within

What's inspiring you this weekend?

Have a great one.

Rachael.♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

500px Feed

Say hello