Motivational Monday ♡ SAY YES

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

 source: pinterest

"Never say 'no' to adventure. Always say 'yes'. Otherwise you'll lead a very dull life."
- Ian Flemming

You know, I've noticed something in common with a lot of people I look up to. Whether they are photographers, actors, or vloggers, a lot of them say the same thing. At some point in the not-so-distant past, they made a conscious decision to start saying yes. They actively chose to embrace opportunities that arose, to try new things and to reap the rewards. It's amazing to hear so many successful people in totally different fields saying the same thing.

Recently, I've been in a bit of a rut. Things that used to make me happy just don't have the same appeal. I'm not really seeing my friends as much and I'm certainly not trying anything new. I'm essentially hiding away from the world sometimes going days at a time without leaving the house or actually talking to anyone. It's safe and within my comfort zone but it's beginning to become tiresome. I'm exhausted from feeling like this, from being anxious and scared of failure, from worrying and stressing but not actually solving anything. That's not really the way to live, is it?

I feel like there is so much out there I'm not experiencing, so much I want to do yet fear I'll fail at. There are so many things, big and small that I've said 'no' to (or in my case just ignored and hoped for the best) and I've missed out. There are so many great memories I could have made if I weren't so scared or so dedicated to this little bubble of comfort I'm currently wallowing in.

Well not anymore. I'm going to make a change. I'm going to start saying yes.

Big things, little things, new things, scary things. I'm going to start saying yes.

I know I'm going to feel anxious, I know I'll be tempted just back out and go back to hiding under my duvet in my pyjamas on the internet instead of facing something new. But I'm going to say yes anyway. What's the worst that can happen? I try something new and don't like it? Big deal. I'll have given it a go, and that's all that matters.

"Just say yes and you'll figure it out afterwards."
- Tina Fey

Maybe you're reading this and you've already embraced saying yes, that's awesome. I'd love to hear how it's working out. Maybe you're reading this and thinking that this all comes naturally to you and you can't imagine having to consciously decide to try new things, then I envy you. But if you're reading this and thinking that it all sounds rather familiar, that you're feeling almost burdened by the boundries of your comfort zone, that you don't really feel like you're living, that you're becoming so overwhelmed by the monotony you've created to feel safe, then I urge you to start saying yes too.

You never know, right? It could be the start of something great.

I hope you have a great week.

Lots of lovely love,
Rachael.♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

500px Feed

Say hello